Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Some video's On Confrontation

Go down 
AuthorMessage
-G.O.D.S-RaMbO
Ensign
Ensign
-G.O.D.S-RaMbO

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Some video's On Confrontation Empty
PostSubject: Some video's On Confrontation   Some video's On Confrontation Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 3:17 pm

Extraction

HK5 SD

The HK5 SD isn't too different from the HK5, but the suppressor makes a difference, depending on your style of play. If you're the player that tends to only get into firefights at close range, you don't really need the HK5 SD. At that range, noise isn't particularly an issue.

However, if you're more of a mid-range player, the HK5 SD is invaluable. You can pop off a few shots and your target (or victim, if you're lucky) won't know who hit them. You can duck back around corners and your enemy will be completely lost as to where they need to fire.

I always figured that the HK5 SD was the better choice. What you lose in accuracy you make up for in flexibility and stealth. Plus, if you're in close quarters, that slightly reduced accuracy shouldn't really be a big deal, should it?

STG 77

The video here compares the STG 77 in SOCOM: Confrontation and SOCOM: CA. I know a lot of people thought that the recoil had been lessened, but I've been assured that that isn't the case. If anything, there's actually a bit more in the game. Instead of the crosshair just moving up the screen and stopping at a certain point, the entire screen moves to better approximate how recoil works.

Of course, you can still fight the recoil. You can pull the gun down with the right stick to try and adjust.

Another good tidbit that the developers tossed my way-- they went in and improved the accuracy on some of the guns. In SOCOM 3 and CA, the accuracy was turned way down so that the attachments would have more of an effect on the weapons. It was a little too drastic, though, so the accuracy has been moved back toward SOCOM and SOCOM II levels.

Mark 23

The Mark 23 is a bulky little handgun. It causes more damage than the 226 and is more accurate than the DE .50. Its accuracy is actually pretty good, making the Mark 23 a great choice if you're coming into battle as a newbie. It sits comfortably in the mid-range of handguns.

It's a special gun for another reason, too. It's more popular name is "SOCOM." It's been around for seventeen years by this point, and is a pretty popular gun in real life, movies, and video games.

RPG-7

On the other other hand, I nailed someone in the back with an RPG-7 in one of the in-office SOCOM matches we've been doing and it was absolutely hilarious. It was honestly a "laugh out loud" moment, and I've been trying to figure out why. I think it’s due to the weapon's reputation as kind of a newbie weapon. A lot of players eschew using it because of that, so when you're playing with an experienced gang, you don't really expect to hear that "whoosh...boom" of an RPG.

It's a surprise, so you jump in your seat or accidentally say an unprintable word (and have to apologize to your kids), which makes it funny, right?
Back to top Go down

Some video's On Confrontation
Page 1 of 1